Imam who masterminded Barcelona jihad massacre had been given human rights asylum


The Imam accused of masterminding the Barcelona terrorist attacks was ordered to leave Spain after finishing a prison sentence for drugs offences, it was claimed today.

Islamic preacher Abdelbaki Es Satty was told he must comply with an expulsion order when he left jail in April 2014, respected Spanish daily El Mundo said.

The paper said a first appeal against the decision failed – but the 42-year-old Moroccan won his fight to stay in Spain after taking the case to a judge.

The unnamed judge who made the decision is said to have accepted Es Satty’s claims his forced removal would be a breach of his international rights.

The preacher followed up his court win by seeking asylum through lawyers in an application filed on November 29 2014, El Mundo reported.

The paper described the asylum request as a ‘standard move to legitimise even further his presence in Spain,’ and said it enabled him to move freely among the 26 EU countries that form part of the Schengen area.

Es Satty, who police confirmed last night had died in an explosion at a house in the Catalan town of Alcanar said to have prompted last Thursday’s deadly attacks in Barcelona and the seaside resort of Cambrils, has been blamed for brainwashing the terrorists.

More than 20 butane gas canisters were found intact in the wreckage of the home, as well as Acetone peroxide (TATP) – nicknamed ‘Mother of Satan’ because of the high number of accidental explosions it causes…

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*